Tarrant Literacy Coalition

The TCU Spring 2016 Class found their $14,200 grant to the Tarrant Literacy Coalition to be a good decision with a good outcome at a vote of 86% because the organization was able to fund additional programs and gave specific details on the use of the grant. The remaining 14% of students were split between the grant being a good decision with a bad outcome and a mistake, due to low attendance rates and poor allocation of resources. The Tarrant Literacy Coalition teaches adult learners using literacy services so that they can be hired and their families can thrive. The donation was used to purchase classroom materials for Project BEST as well as implement training for instruction on a high school equivelancy test in Tarrant County.