Project Lazarus

Project Lazarus was founded with the goal of healing and empowering those diagnosed with HIV/AIDS by providing housing and wellness services. The organization offers educational courses, transitional housing, hospice services, home-cooked meals, and other support services. Project Lazarus used the $5,000 grant to improve their Wellness University, a program which offers counseling and mental health services, as well as academic courses on topics such as philosophy and financial literacy. The majority (67%) of Tulane University Fall 2016 Class found their contribution to Project Lazarus to be a good decision with a good outcome, especially because of a follow-up site visit that showed how their donation had greatly impacted the organization. On the other hand, 33% of the class found the grant to be a good decision with a bad outcome due to lack of detail regarding the use of the donation.