Presbyterian Night Shelter

The majority, or 86%, of the TCU Spring 2016 Class’s evaluation found their $10,500 grant to the Presbyterian Night Shelter to be a good decision with a good outcome because the organization gave detailed metrics and used the funds as anticipated. The remaining 14% were split between the grant being a good decision with a bad outcome or being a mistake, due to skepticism that the organization needed the funds and disappointment from funding overhead without communicating that would be the case. The Presbyterian Night Shelter’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by porividing basic needs to the homeless community. With the grant, the organization was able to furnish the children’s multipurpose room at the Morris Foundation Women and Children’s Center.