Mercy USA

The slight majority (60%) of the UT Austin Spring 2017 evaluation team found their $15,000 grant to Mercy USA to be a good decision with a good outcome because the money aided many refugees through the Food Basket program and had an immediate impact. The other 40% of the class stated the grant was a good decision with a bad outcome because the grant was not used for its intended purpose. Mercy USA is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and works to make communities and individuals more self-sufficient. The funds from this grant provided food baskets to 28 families that would last them about a month and had a great impact on their livelihood.