Kedila Family Learning

The majority (67%) of Tulane University’s Fall 2016 class found their $5,000 grant to Kedila Family Learning to be a good decision with a good outcome because the money was used as promised and was able to reach many students. The remaining 33% voted the grant to be a good decision with a bad outcome due to lack of specific information. Kedila Family Learning aims to combat high illiteracy rates in the New Orleans school system, and provide education, training, and other necessary support services to students. The organization helps students first to obtain their GED, and then prepare them for job interviews and careers. The grant was used to supplement another grant given to the organization, which went towards their program focusing on academic remediation and GED/HiSET preparation.