K9s4Cops

K9s4Cops attempts to improve the safety of the future by using K9 officers throughout the community. The students’ donation paid for one K9, Mays, to work at the Texas A&M Police Department. Many students agreed it was far too early to deem the grant successful or not because the the TAMU PD had just recieved the dog. The majority (70%) of the Texas A&M Fall 2017 Class found their $12,500 grant to K9s4Cops to be a good decision with a good outcome because they were able to place a dog in the Brazos Valley area. However, the remaining 30% of student votes were split between the grant being a good decision with a bad outcome or being a mistake, due to the time it took to get the dog placed and the difficulty of the process.