JUMA

63% of Vanderbilt’s Spring 2017 Class found their $14,000 grant to Juma for operational support to be a mistake, and the remaining 37% believed the grant to be a good decision with a bad outcome. No student thought the grant had a good outcome, due to the organization’s failure to respond to evaluation feedback and may not have utilized the donation as intended. Juma employs low-income youth and matches the income that they put into savings for college. The class was unable to reach a Juma employee during their evaluation process. They found that Juma had pulled out of half their initial pilot cities and as a result, determined that the grant could have been better spent elsewhere.